Projects Gallery on website + Discourse

Last night at the members meeting it was agreed to set up a “gallery” of completed projects to show our members’ fantastic achievements in making. This will be voluntary of course. We have bought photographic equipment (including lighting) already, partly for this purpose.

The concept evolved to set up a blog on discourse that I understand could also appear on the public web site. It would be just photos - no comments/likes allowed. The idea is that visitors (or funders, donors etc.) could scroll through pictures to answer the question, “Yes, but what kind of things do they MAKE there?”

Since I agreed last night to pick up this ball and run with it, @systems, how can this be accomplished? Who needs to do what?

1 Like

happy to help where’s needed, would be great to see members projects on display and progress pics.

The nativity me and @SRLC are working on is almost finished. Would love to get some good pics of it. I’ve got a pretty decent camera I can bring along. May need some help with the backdrop & lighting. Maybe next thurs or Friday evening if anyone is about?

Bumping this in response to more photos of members’ excellent finished work (@rfuse Christmas ornaments) . Can Discourse team or @systems tell me how we can set up this gallery? This should not be a thread, but a permanent page accessible from the public web site as well.

1 Like