Potential Wind Turbine Workshop - 7&8th July

Heyo,

A friend of mine is looking for a space to run a wind turbine workshop on the 7th & 8th of July.

Would we be able to host it at the space?

It would be with 6-12 external people on both days. He’ll need tables but will bring all his own tools.

Info is here (previous workshop in Bristol): https://www.facebook.com/events/212628359547558/

Not sure if this is the right place to ask so if this should be posted somewhere else let me know!

moved to #discussion until there’s a definite event

thanks!

Sounds interesting. How much is it? Assuming worthless religious debt tokens are involved

Don’t be a dick. If you can swap them for a workshop, they are hardly worthless, are they.

5 Likes

£80 per person or £70 each if you bring a friend, with a 10% discount for students, retirees, and the unwaged.

1 Like

My instinct is that this isn’t a great fit for us…I imagine it would occupy the whole of Clean room for a Saturday and a Sunday – our busiest times

It would be a better fit if it were offered low / cost gratuis to our members (and the associated interest was stumped up by them) but I’m tempted to agree. Otherwise, we would have to consider this as a private booking, which we generally wouldn’t allow at the weekend.

1 Like

First I’ve heard of that facility. How does it work?

We often get approached by private individuals and organisations asking to hire the space and treat these on a case by case basis. Almost universally it’s not a good fit for us, based mainly on the criteria alluded to above.

This is now off topic though, please PM the directors if you want to discuss further.

1 Like

Thanks for the swift reply!

No worries, thought it might be the case.

Any recommendation for spaces to run workshops like this?

Could ask Makerversity

Their Autodesk fusion lab might be suitable

It’s also offtoppically freaking awesome.

Top, I’ll check it out.

Thanks again!

Also DEE, who have an arch in Ladywell… I’ll DM you some details

That’d be great, thanks!

So what?

If you can swap money for things it clearly isn’t worthless. So drop the worthless label.

If you really want to, we can discuss this in an off-topic thread? As I’m concerned it’s going off topic.

https://discourse.southlondonmakerspace.org/t/the-great-money-debate