Poll: Amplifier - keep or dispose?

Let me go and see if I can find the service manual

1 Like

Surprisingly is has a bit of a high level circuit diagram on the top of the case, but not at the component level…

I bet the crappy sound are some dead caps, and the dead channel is a dead mosfet in the final stage.

This thing is still kicking around- someone want to have it (take it apart tonight at electronics night?) otherwise we need to move it on, we will need the space very soon…

Could I please have a look at it today if it is still around?

Go for it! Its in the old woodshop

I have one of these at home! It’s great. They have a known issue with the relay. I had to change the relay in mine and that fixed it. It’s been good for years now. I put a socket in mine to make the relay easy to replace. I have a few spares somewhere.

Thank you. This thing with relays is what I read about it as well. I had a look at it, and after cleaning it from being full of sawdust inside, I can’t see the issue with any of its channels, both seems to be working and amplifying ok looking 1kHz sine on the scope. I’ve left it in the space for now to have another look with proper test setup, but I would be happy to grab it if it is destined for the dumpster, or try to fix the distortion if we have another use.

Hi @scythian. - give it a go for whatever you want, so far you are the only one to actually do anything with it!

So if you fix it you can keep it for yourself or donate it to the Space and we can use it in one of the rooms post expansion. If you do nothing with it thats fine too but its getting close to heading to the electronics recycler…

1 Like

Hey @scythian - any luck with this amp? Maybe someone wants to tackle it on Thursday at Electronics night?

Otherwise it is 2 weeks away from recycle-town…

Tested it, audio channels are fine, relays get stuck occasionally, need replacement. I’ve taken it home for now, so it’s not taking space anymore.

Oh ok great! Thanks!