Pledge Raffle for Stabilising Wood Equipment - Up for Grabs: Yin Yang Plate

This is a little attempt at something new.
Given pledge drives can be a little slow and only really target certain members I thought I’d try and raffle one of the pieces I’ve been working on this last week.
All contributions will go to a SLMS Paypal Pool fo be invested in new equipment for the space, first purchase will be the kit for stabilising wood, i.e. resin, a toaster oven and some dyes.

Stabilising Resin - for stabilising wood giving it vastly increased strength and functionality, enabling the fabrication of wooden guitar tuning pegs, vapes, interesting pieces for turning or general making as can use any interesting otherwise too gnarled or knotted pieces. Especially interesting when combined with resin dyes. See link below for some examples of the piecs you can create:
https://www.google.com/search?q=stabilised+wood&client=firefox-b&prmd=ivns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiEheKgq_3aAhUEJcAKHXDtBy0Q_AUIBigB

The was I see this working is any interested party contributes x amount ( reccomended minimum contribution £1) which would get you a single or multiple tickets, £1 would equate to one ticket, £10 ten tickets etc. No maximum contribution.
The winner would then be announced in 3 weeks or when a certain target has been hit or activity dwindles.
The winner gets the item, in this case a wenge x oak yin yang plate, raised funds published and a purchase / multiple purchased made and items are donated to the space.

It would be great if people could share this page across social media etc to maximise viewing and hopefully funds raised for all of our benefit.

If all goes well every member is a winner and one lucky person will get a pretty plate.

The link to the Paypal pool is:

Pictures of the plate in a comment below.

I’ve seen these yin yang bowls in person, very nice work indeed. Although, I would say it’s a plate and not a bowl, but whatever they rock.

1 Like

I’m down for £10. best of luck.

Aye you’re right, force of habit. Wrote plate in the post… ammended the title.

Thanks!

1 Like

Cheeky bump, big thanks to those who’ve contributed so far!

@TomHedges, @SquareFeet, @DAC17, @petra you guys still up for chucking in a little towards the kit to stabilise wood?

@StudioNelle would you be up for chipping in a little?
Would make much more durable embossing stamps :wink:

At least £10 of worthless religious debt tokens from me

@Damian here’s a link to the pledge pool if you’re still keen.

1 Like

Last week before I’ll pull names out of a hat and announce a winner. Any other’s interested in contributing?

Keep that £10 for the resin so I’m in?

1 Like

Last day… Winner will be announced on the 1st.

Stick me in for a tenner. And thanks for organising Jonty!

2 Likes

Any news?
Who’s the lucky winner?

Eventually got the last promised contribution, names have gone into a hat, or in this case a bowl, 1 entry for every £5 contributed, and the lucky winner is @Sara, congratulations.

Thanks for all the contributions, we raised a total of £85, which if the @directors are happy to match, will buy a litre of resin, several dyes and a 22l oven to get us started, so massive win I’d say.

4 Likes

Brilliant. What do I do now?

Receive your bowl

It was supposed to be £1 a ticket :wink:

Everyone put in a multiple of £5, exactly the same ratio and same odds so figured it didn’t matter!

Saved writing out extra names / code.

1 Like