Planer thicknesser fixed

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa498d99880>

Glad this is up and running again! Sometimes it just takes the time and focus of one or more members to move it forward. There is a balance of buying tools and paying for help we need as well as self sufficient DIY… not sure there is a specific timeframe or answer or it probably depends on the tool/project in question…

I have also seen this ‘per member’ math a bunch in the past on discourse, and it makes no sense- £2500 is £2500. We could spend on something else or save.

So in my opinion coming up with how many pennies each thing costs per member per month is not a good way to budget at all as everything is ‘cheap’ if you divide it enough!

3 Likes

Thanks Ed, helpful to share knowledge - sounds like the root issue was not a member mis-using it.

No, it absolutely was misuse as root cause. The underlying issue was an annoyance but did not lead to machine failure.

1 Like

How did you get there?

When smoke comes out switch it off and call for help !

It looks like it has already been broken again

I think that we can say its out of action again

Oh dear. I thought it wasn’t quite back online and even running yet…waiting for the belt to be changed/added?..did Ed mention something about it earlier?

Same fault as before or a whole new one?

We appear to have lost the gard and it can’t run without the gard

I saw it under the mitter saw two or three days ago.

2 Likes

Put it back on if you can find it :slight_smile:

1 Like