Phase 3 , the expediency build

Phase 2 is almost finished, I think it’s time to take on the snug .

My proposal is to

1 clear out and get rid of the stuff that we don’t need

2 poor a concret slab

3 rat proof it

4 slap in all the building materials we have left over

Do the work quickly using what we have and can get for free .

Cheap ruff and rat proof and dry

2 Likes

But Phase 2 isn’t finished, and doing this work will kill Phase 2 just at the point we need to be building momentum of people making things in Makerspace.

Question of priorities, I think it’s more important to get what we have used - building over half way into the lease sounds seems wrong to me.

1 Like

I concur. Finish (and I mean finish) Phase 2 before even starting the phase 3 conversation.

I am just opening the conversation .

My proposal is about a quick job to use the left over building materials and get rat proof.

As for the end of the lease , we have bet so heavily on getting a extention that it seems a bit daft to start worrying about it now.

This is not a big job and I am proposing doing it after we get phase 2 up and running.

The phase 3 conversation is going to take at least as long as it takes to finish phase 2.
this is slms after all :slight_smile:

Phase 1 isn’t finished either.

I am keen to revisit this - I reckon the first step would be clearing it out - otherwise will continue to stall for years, we’re paying for the space, might as well use it…

3 Likes

I am still up for it.

1 Like

Mint. Could meet this week to start emptying it if consensus goes that way?

Consensus that is a big word

Yeah I think I spelt it correctly!

We can see if there’s any major objections beforehand and obviously not throw anything valuable out…

I meant that getting enough consensus might be a bit of a challenge

Best plan would be to get a make the space days working and finish a few jobs in the space .

We have been through the stuff in there s few times, so I would say using it would be as good as way of getting rid of it would be the way forward

1 Like

@lewisss

That sounds excellent Joe. Is there a list of tasks needing doing written online anywhere?

Also - having never organised/been to a make the space day - any protocol to follow w setting one up? I am only really available in the week but have a lot of time and am feeling psyched.

I will be in today and will try to remember what needs doing .its all a bit scattered at the moment I guess that compiling a list would be a good start.

Try starting a thread to draw all outstanding jobs together

https://discourse.southlondonmakerspace.org/t/make-the-space-master-to-do-list/75

Is there a recap of what needs finishing in phase 1 and 2 listed anywhere?

edit: looks like tom n beat me to it within a few seconds :smiley:

I can see a few things on that list that can be crossed off I think?

1 Like

It’s a wiki, get crossing!