'ow do. My name is Ben(jamin)

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa495fb7868>

Hi all! I have had a browse through the forum and I can’t wait to learn and contribute where I can!

I am an energetic creative who spends his time listening to (mainly) electronic music, having fun with my daughters (6 + 8) and talking rubbish. I get my kicks from solving problems, something I have been doing for others for so long I have neglected to solve my own:

Challenges:

• How to make time
  • Electric toothbrushes… its a mess right now (3D Print + woodwork?)
  • Loose cards and money… no wallet is ‘just right’ (Laser cutting?)
  • Freezer left open all the time! (Electronics)
  • My ukulele has no where to live (Metalwork?)
  • The family bikes are ruining the view in the house (Woodwork?)
  • People dispose of / buy too much crap (software/ service?)
  • Pending more…

I start in the new year and I’ll be trying to make every induction possible :wink:

B

2 Likes

Welcome.

That’s a mighty fine list you have there. Putting the world to rights one annoyance at a time. I like it!

See you in the new year.

1 Like

[quote=“Benjamin, post:1, topic:8430”]
having fun and talking rubbish
[/quote] you’ll fit in fine :smile:

Welcome - Electronics is normally a Thursday evening, we can help with the freezer alarm for sure, i’ve done something similar to my freezer as my smaller people keep leaving the door open too.

Courty

Perfect! Look forward to it! If you have the circuit sorted then I can work on the ‘fridge is open theme tune’ for the device.

@directors hi! I just got a Fob. It’s 13:20 on jan 04. Many thanks! And thanks to @SarahJ for letting me in.

Ah, my wife set it up for me so could you update the account (?) from Philippa Hobson to me? We share the same bank account.

Many thanks.

Hi Ben,

There was two fobs on the system at that time but I think I’ve found yours so have associated it with your account. if it doesn’t work, let me know and i’ll look again.

Your account seems to be in your name but with your wifes email. is this OK ?

Courty

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to sort it!
I am in the space now and the fob does not currently work. Maybe it takes time to work? If not I have *just tapped it again at 14:33 if that helps.

As for the account - IF it can be updated to my email address then that would be great.

Thanks in advance. Everyone so far (I’m chilling on my laptop) is lovely and welcoming.

Benjamin

1 Like

typical - 50/50 and I picked the wrong one !

Try it again now…

Courty

14:40 - Nope sorry, not working. Maybe I have a dud?

FYI - I am touching the RFID panel on the door :wink: I aint nuts.

No you’re not nuts, that correct - did you try with the door shut (sounds daft but it does matter)

Give it a few mins and try again, I can defo see you trying :slight_smile:

Courty

Whoop! It works now!
The door was always shut :wink: I was trying from the inside… its too cold to be stuck outside!

As for the account - are we leaving it or is it possible to update with my details?

Thank you for your time on the fob.

B.

1 Like

yeay - Success !

Benjamin Hobson unlocked the door  4 minutes ago

I just sent you a private message on the contact details, happy to update as needed.

Courty