Open Evening Hosts - Always Needed!

(rob fuse) #1180

Signed up for Feb 6th

(kevin) #1181

Thanks @fincheee for showing us the space yesterday :slight_smile:

(Dermot Jones) #1182

@Edd is hosting tonight – anything I can tell social media about you?

@fincheee has outlined the joining procedure Here – I’m sure questions will come up

Any techs around: be wonderful if there are examples of what your areas produce, as this makes the host’s job much easier

We’re always looking for hosts to run future evenings, so please do pick a Wednesday and put your name down

(Ed Yeboah) #1183

I was going to mention Brexfast receipes but what you’ve written is fine :laughing:

I’m on my way.

(Dermot Jones) #1184

Yeah…I stayed safe!

(Dermot Jones) #1185

We need a host – or two if you do it with a buddy – for this week and future weeks

Sign-up here there’s also a link at the bottom of that page to ‘how to host an open evening’ but you’re free to run it however you like: as long as guests get a welcome and shown around, the rest is up to you!

(Dermot Jones) #1186

Makerfolk we need a hero to step up and host tonight!!! It’s actually a fun task: show off the space and chat to a bunch of interesting people

Next couple of weeks are sorted for hosts – thanks to @rfuse and @Mieke!!!

(Tris Oaten) #1187

I’ll host tonight!:muscle:

(Dermot Jones) #1188

Good fellow!

(Dermot Jones) #1189

Cool, I see @Mieke @rfuse are both down to host tonight

It’s great to co-host, but also fine if you two want to negotiate over it

Anyway: they’ve been nicely busy the last few weeks, with around ten guests early on, and the occasional person coming along later

Anything I can share with social media? A picture of a project is ideal

(rob fuse) #1190

@Mieke I’m unable to do it for the next few weeks. Should I do today ? Great to hear back

(Dermot Jones) #1191

@Mieke have a great open evening tonight!

Tell email about the Maker Festival!

Tell them we are open for new members, they have to join a mailing list on the page on our website that still says we’re closed…!?!

UPDATE: I’ve done a quick edit on the website, prospective members can now signup here

(Dermot Jones) #1192

@edd is hosting tonight

We do need some hosts for future evenings though…

(Ed Yeboah) #1193

There in 45m.

(Dermot Jones) #1194

We need a host for this week’s open evening

A lot of members are immersed in Maker Festival related industry – hosting this week would be a gift to those members!..and then stay on and assemble a sign or two…or who knows what?

(Dermot Jones) #1195

@members – your Makerspace needs you!

Please head over to the Open Evening Rota with your calendar in hand and sign up to host an Open Evening in March or April…or beyond

We’re expecting a very healthy and curious turn out this week on the heels of the phenomenal SLMS showing at the South London Maker Festival yesterday…so I’d say this week probably could to with two hosts?

Hosting is a great way to contribute to the running of the Space, takes a couple of hours…and you get to show off all our cool stuff! And it’s fun: the people who turn up are already interested in the things we’re interested in, and bring new ideas and interests of their own

We have a sort of script you can follow, or you can go off-piste – run a workshop/activity/who-knows-what…

(Jonty Bottomley) #1196

@Jack_MH You could do this in exchange for a router induction afterwards :wink:
It’s not so hard, I’ll be about and can chip in if you find you’re lost for words. Remember you don’t need to know everything, so long as you know a tad more about the space than someone that’s never visited!

(Jack Maran Hewetson) #1197

Router table + table saw induction in exchange for hosting open evening. sounds fair!

I would need a script though!

What time should I arrive?

Thanks!

(Jonty Bottomley) #1198

Pushing it mate, make a few things first.

(Jack Maran Hewetson) #1199

What time do I need to be at the space?!