My finished drawers!

Hello!

So I joined the space at the end of last year with the intention of my first project being to build a set of drawers out of birch plywood with soft close, under-mount, full extension drawer runners (I had a photo of one I’d seen to work from).

I’ve always loved making things in general but only have a small amount of woodwork experience from doing bits around the house with my drill and jigsaw and a 5 day woodwork course which was mainly chiselling joints and working with veneer. I’d heard drawers were tricky to make even for experienced woodworkers, but I don’t think I quite grasped how tricky! Especially when using fancy drawer runners with no instructions.

It took me about 2/3 weeks of some evenings and some Saturdays. Lots of head scratching and a fair few mistakes were made in the process (I blame the diva drawer runners mainly). But they are now complete and look… divine :blush:

(Huuuuge thanks to @joeatkin2 who helped and advised me loads)

23 Likes

They look really great!

What hardware are you adding to them?

1 Like

excellent. Really happy they came together.
The pondering paid off!

1 Like

They look great - congratulations! Definitely worth all the hard work.

1 Like

Thanks! What do you mean hardware? Like a clap to open mechanism??!

I mean knobs or handles to open them.

Or do the runners support push to open?

Oh I see! haha. Yeh they are push to open draw runners . The plan was to route some handles but I quite like them as is

1 Like

This is lovely. Great job :ok_hand:t5:

1 Like