Monday night music makers. From 7pm onward

+1 for me

I have been making music and mixing for 16 years ish and am currently doing my dissertation in MIDI AI I am thinking of getting into makeing modules for modular stuff or even a few VST’s for ideas I have.

I would be well up for helping create a progect or colborating on music with someone. I too also own FLStudio (Bought copy) and Arturia V bundle, Serum and Nebula and well to many VST’s to list here.

I have always wants to make an Arduino synth. I had a little look into it but the DAC/ADC is awfull and that is as far as I got lol so not very far but I am looking forward to seeing and hear what you guys have come up with?

Any of you got soundcloud?

I think calling ymself a producer is a bit overkill as I have 1000’s of saved files on my HDD and very few full songs hahah.

1 Like

Okay cool…

So how do we proceed with this endeavour?

Start with a meeting in the space perhaps, soon?

Maybe we should be project focussed, what is a maker’s model for music making?

1 Like

In my mind, it’s on a second sold-out world tour. But that’s about as far as I think it’ll ever get, really :slight_smile:

2 Likes

https://www.iannix.org/en/ can sonify any SVG file and save us having to do any work :wink:

1 Like

If you are desperate to hear how your .SVG sounds as played by a viola, send it over I will upload it to vimeo

1 Like

Okay so…

I hereby declare Monday evenings to be music makers night. 7pm to 11pm or there abouts.

I hope to hang out with some of you sometime and make some noise.

2 Likes

I will aim for next Monday Eve. I use subpac to amp the bass and it is a wearable speaker that won’t disturb people who are working on their other activities. It also has a therapeutic effect which I am currently exploring as a project, how vibration heals in combination with human touch, (I think that’s why rockers croudsurf).

2 Likes

Yeah this was quite short notice :smiley:

I doubt anyone has really seen this thread yet.

Bump for tomorrow

(Although I’m unable to attend)

1 Like

For reasons highlighted elsewhere – mostly that members need an environment in which they can comfortably work – a music night needs to be pre-booked and advertised in advance

I think it’s an excellent idea, but would suggest trialling it maybe once a month?

I don’t want to be part of something which will divide or upset people. I don’t think monthly is good enough either. So hopefully someone else will take on the responsibility of pushing this forward. As I no longer will be.

Monthly was just a suggestion. If we had a separate room where members could play music that would be fine. Otherwise it’s hard to see how we can justify giving the Clean Room over to music for a whole evening every week: it’s just too dominant…unless it was headphone based

Yep. I don’t see a solution either. After reading that other thread I want to stay well clear of things.

I’m sure there are solutions! The only way to know how this will work is to actually do it

I support this totally, however I’m concerned that about the possibility it might impact on other members negatively. So I’d suggest trialling it and getting feedback

not seen said other thread, but I was kinda assuming headphones might be necessary anyway.
maybe we could obtain a headphone splitter box, so people could at least listen as a group in order for collaboration sort of thing?

Or make one as the first project.

1 Like

Hi - so to confirm is the music night makers night happenning tonight ?

ps I did a course in Maxmsp years ago (which can be connected arduinos by the way) so was thinking of resurrecting it.