Missing - Two Boards of Polish Walnut

Came in to start on using these to find them gone…
They were on the middle shelf above the spindle moulder / morticer in the woodshop.

I had already put a fair bit of work into these hand sawing and planing them from a single block into 3 for a draw unit…

With regards to wood in the woodshop, under the off feed table of the table saw and under the mitre saw are where the free for anyone to use wood is kept.
Other shelves are for others’ projects.
If something looks especially nice or like it’s had a good chunk of work gone into it, don’t take it.

I’m really not too bothered if you took this, if it’s too late and you’ve used it, there’s not much to do.
If you’ve just grabbed it, I’d like it back please.

Looks just like this; resin filled and living edge on one side.

@criticaltolerance @Barnaby_Coote

Not seen it, sorry - don’t recall seeing it there yesterday either. Has it been mistakenly snugged?

Only cut it up 2 days (?) ago late night with @joeatkin2
I’m pretty sure I saw it there yesterday as was considering working on it before it got busy…

I don’t think anyone would move 2 35x25cm boards into the snug…

This is not cool.

@woodworkers please check your inventories to see if you’ve ‘mistakenly’ picked these up.

Honesty the best policy here.

I find it difficult to imagine how it could happen.

Who in their right mind would think it’s alright to take them without asking first?

That plus the missing chisels, calipers and pi zeros means either a rodent has evolved or there’s at least one bad apple.

It was in the middle of the workshop last night. I rested up against the bench opp chissels around 1am.

Joe and someone else were there for the rest of the time and may have moved it, but I would suspect they are still there.

@joeatkin2 @Twm did you spot them?

Crap! Sorry Jonty just caught up with discourse after late night wood section.
There were two of these on the floor by the wood pile by the chop saw separate to the ones on the shelf and as they were a quite cupped so I assumed they were rejects - they are currently sandwiched under my oak worktop to try and flatten them. I always stay clear of anything with a label or on the shelves but really should have checked :frowning:
I should be able to bring them back by tue.

8 Likes