Middle of Lidl is woodworking this week

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa493c3afe8>

…just in case anyone wants to pick up things for lockdown projects!

Just bought a stack of clamps at 4.99 for 4, and a cheap-and-cheerful Japanese saw for a fiver.

If only I could have fitted the grinder/sander on my bike rack…

5 Likes

Might go for a bit of a look, which branch? (can be a bit of variation)

I went to the one in Tooting Bec.

Peckham store is in stock… including welders, metal grinders and bandsaws and various tools and bits and pieces

2 Likes

Cool, will check it later. Must resist the urge to come home with a bandsaw…

2 Likes

I have the Lidl bandsaw with a blade from tuffsaws.co.uk and I really like it!

3 Likes

Useful for our outdoor workshop?

Could be. Very portable! It’s not massively accurate but I’ve used it a lot for converting green timber into spoon carving blanks. It really really needs the proper blade, though - the supplied one is useless

1 Like

Just cut a piece with the Lidl parkside Japanese one and would think it would do for makerspave as well… It’s a fiver.

2 Likes

Is it like a traditional saw (ryoba?): rip-cut one side, cross-cut the other?

2 Likes

1 Like

Cool, thanks. Next stop, Lidl!

1 Like

Sorry. They sell a bandsaw? This I would like to see.

That’s my Wednesday shopping trip sorted then. Peckham Lidl

1 Like

They sell the self clamping aluminium guide tracks for just 9 quid. I eyeballed a couple and they are equally as good as more expensive versions. Plus, they allow angled cuts. Parkside definitely do some okay gear, the trick is sorting the wheat from the chaff, I will definitely be taking a look tomorrow.

1 Like

Unless they re-stock overnight then you may be disappointed. I was there yesterday evening and there was nothing left bar the last 2 sets of clamps I got and a drill/driver thing.

Right, I just got quite a bit of new stuff already. Jonty said that when looking on workshop heaven you always see something you need or want. For the first time really I said actually no, I have a complete set of hand tools now and bar a few more clamps and a couple of bits and pieces, I have what I need. Lidl is good because it’s a lucky dip scenario.

1 Like