Membership System

Hi @directors
I am trying to set up my direct debit payment but everytime I go to the membership system through discourse or through the main website it comes up with page cannot be displayed. Can anyone help?

Has my account been deactivated?

Thanks
Alex

Hello,

I’ve just repeated your process going to https://southlondonmakerspace.org then clicking ‘Membership System’ and it loads just fine, similarly, going to ‘Become a member’ then clicking ‘Sign up now’ works too.

Could you explain in more detail with screen shots of what you’ve clicked and copying and pasting the URL of the error page.

Tom

Hi Tom,

If I click on the link you have left and then go to Membership system it brings up the below screen.
I think my account maybe have been deactivated, as I signed up a few weeks ago and have not been on since.

Hi Alex, your account is there, as far as I can see. Hotmail email address.

It’s definitely not your account but there is something odd going on here.

Unfortunately I’m not allowed to access the server anymore so it’s basically impossible to find out why this is happening and fix it, however this would likely be a difficult one to fix anyway.

What I’d ask is that you just reset your cookies for now and if the issue persists with yourself or another member in future we’ll need to take a closer look.

Thanks Tom. I reset my cookies and that let me through to the membership system but it then comes up with account not activated when I go to login. Same details that I log in to discourse with, is there a way to reactivate an account? It seems like the easiest thing for me to do at this point is to just set up a new account unless anyone has a solution?

Thanks

We would never deactivate an account so you need to find the email we sent you to activate it.

Discourse and the membership system do not have the same login details unless you happened to create the same account in both.

Unfortunately I don’t have access to look your account up so you may have to talk to the @directors who can search your name and email address.

Thanks for your help Tom. I managed to get it sorted, I didn’t realise that discourse and the website aren’t the same login. Anyway, thank you for your help!

1 Like

@directors I have set up a direct debit but it won’t go through until October due to the cut off, is there anyone who can help me set up a payment for this month so I can get into the space next week?

Yep, PM @directors and we can sort it out.

Thats Pete, I’ve sent one through to you.