Membership etiquette

I just wanted to say a note about coming and going in the space. I’m not sure of the gentleman’s name that had left the space, specifically the main door where my purse, laptop, and phone were on clear display.

It creates a great atmosphere if you enter the space greeting the room and say goodbye to those left in the space. But it also a safety issue. to leave the clean room unattended with valuables left out on the table is probably not the best practice.

Please be mindful of this when using the space.

Cheers

3 Likes

Myself and @tomnewsommhave previously suggested reinstating the door buzzer to make people keep the door shut.

There is air circulation in the room now and we can turn it up if needed.

i leave door open (while present) AND do not leave people’s stuff vulnerable, so the buzzer idea can buzz off, man. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not fussed. But it’s simple enough to close the door if you are the only one in it or alert the the others in the space that you are leaving? It creates dialog and good energy.

2 Likes

the air circulation in the clean room is taped up, (or it was last time i saw it)

the second problem is the elbow for the laser cutter has still not been done as their has been no decision yet on how we will protect it , either the windchimes go up or something else.
otherwise if the wind is in the right direction the fumes from the laser cutter can be drawn into the intake of the circulation and then pumped back into the space

1 Like

Are the parts in the space?

Most members are very good around this, and aware of the vulnerability of leaving the clean room door open…we have personal gear and valuable tools which could easily get taken by an opportunistic passer-by

But it’s definitely worth a reminder as it simply might not occur to some people

So the message should be:

Always close the front door if the clean room is unattended, or feels vulnerable

Also: consider closing the door late at night, especially if you’re alone – we get some interesting characters coming into the estate then… @cibelesoaresalvareng and I chatted to a couple of them on Thursday night…

This might also apply to today: the Field Day festival is on…so there possibly a ‘yellow’ warning for wandering drunks

It has been policy/custom that the front door was always closed – hence the buzzer idea – however we need to be practical: sometimes the door needs to be open for comfortable use of the Space, and t’s well within our abilities to manage this safely

2 Likes

Where are we on the ventilation? This would help alleviate the need to leave the door open. I’m happy to help put the elbow in for the laser extract.

It’s finished. But @joeatkin2 wired the motors on slow speed and the @woodtechs have build the air filters over the system in the wood shop which will have affected the airflow rates in the rest of the space.

Have you actually been into the workshop to see !?

You will find the airflow is not affected . Not that the airflow has ever been tested anywhere in the space anyway !!!

Also we put in flow adjustment gizmos in each room for both in and out flow so we can tune the flow rates and balance it all, and I guess we can change the speed of the motors. All in all not unsurmountable problems and shouldn’t prevent the commissioning of the system.

Started another post

@pip @lewisss I think we should take this out of this thread as it’s getting off topic.