Saw this thought might interest members…includes arts, crafts and making projects.
The Mayor wants to see more local arts and culture activities created and led by London’s communities. That’s why Culture Seeds is aimed firmly at grassroots organisations and individuals.
The grants are for funding community-led arts, culture and heritage projects and activities. This includes:
- visual and performing arts (like music, dance and theatre)
- filmmaking and film screenings
- heritage projects
- digital art
- cultural events/festivals
- literature, spoken word, reading groups
- craft and making activities
- choirs/singing groups
- creative writing
Projects must have local people at their heart. We want projects that offer shared creative experiences to bring communities together. We will prioritise projects that support people on lower incomes, and connect communities that lack access to cultural resources and funding.
The programme will also offer successful applicants help with:
- marketing and monitoring your project
- applying for future funding
- recruiting and working with volunteers