Making, hacking and learning

Dear all,

Greetings from Brighton. My name is Annika Richterich and I am a visiting fellow at the University of Sussex. I came by one of your open evenings a few years back: some of you might vaguely remember me.

I do research on technology and learning: in particular on informal (digital) learning in communities such as hacker- and makerspaces. For this, I currently interview members of UK communities about how, what and why they make, hack and learn. I was therefore wondering if some of you would be willing to talk about your views on learning, making and hacking?

I’d be happy to talk in person at SLMS (or elsewhere in London or Brighton) or via skype/facetime. Interviews can be done individually or in small groups.

All conversations will be anonymised, including personal names and community names, and will only be used for writing research publications. Also, all publications will be made available as open access and will thus be freely accessible. If you’d like more information about my research and/or the interview, please let me know.

It would be fantastic to talk to you about learning, making and hacking. Should you prefer to contact me by email, you can do so via a.richterich@sussex.ac.uk too.

Thanks & best wishes,
Annika