Makerspace Members’ Meeting Mon 2nd October 2017 7:30pm-9:00pm

I think you missed off the mice issue/food waste, which was discussed in July’s meeting - I can’t see the actions for it. Can it be added to the review of previous action points please.

Cheers

2 Likes

I’ll stick it in the agenda

2 Likes

Hurrah for SL and Whittens, but I don’t see the point of a library of materials we can’t get hold of…

1 Like

(attending)

All the samples are available to purchase from our regular timber suppliers.

At the last meeting it was raised that they could easily go walkies if not fixed in place in some way. Hence waiting to get whitens samples and possibly dieters in order to laser tech them in single batch and woodtechs to decide where, and how, they’d like them displayed.

1 Like

Members meeting - 2/10/17

Attendance

• Dermot
  • Stuart
  • Toby
  • David
  • Alan
  • Nico
  • Mark
  • Tom
  • Andrea
  • Stefano
  • David
  • Sarah
  • Tom
  • Zach
  • David
  • Chanelle
  • Tachia?
  • Tom

Agenda

1. Review previous actions (new to old). Got to whip through these to have hope of reaching the rest of the agenda! Inactive or solved items have been removed from this list.
  1. Governance (including director election process). Strict time limit on this today. 10m? Lots to get through.)
  2. Proposal: 3 week bin
  3. Proposal: Vac for clean room
  4. Second arch?
  5. Phase 3?
  6. CNC machine?
  7. Woodshop consumables budget increase?
  8. Woodshop tools/maintenance ahead of inductions
  9. Social area improvements & childproofing
  10. @welcome role enlargement
  11. CCTV?
  12. Ventilation to rear rooms
  13. Discourse

Minutes

• Previous action points:

• Space use survey to be sent out to members this weekend 2 weeks @directors

• Over use of discourse to be reviewed: in hand

• Materials library @afshind: in hand

• Makerspace dashboard on TV: in hand + @emuboy

• Tool control: @systems

• Mice: @members

• Governance

• 3 of 4 introduced

• Final introduction

• Directors 5 of 4 (see discourse post)

• Members voted unanimously to agree
    Instant run off instead of STV keeps the value the ranking people wanted to avoid wasted ballots

• Decision making (see discourse post)

• Three week bin members voted for 3 week bin following 6 week soft start until the end of the year ACTION @stefano to buy

• Vacuum cleaner members voted unanimously for a vacuum cleaner: ACTION @sarahj to decide

• Second arch ACTION: @lewiss @unknowndomain @tomha @nico @unknowndomain

• Phase 3? ACTION: @lewiss @alan?

• 8x4 CNC machine: In survey

• Increase woodtech budget to £100 approved ACTION @Directors

• Woodshop tools/maintenance ahead of inductions ACTION @lewiss

• Social area improvements + childproofing ACTION @sarahj

• @welcome role enlargement ACTION:

• @metaltechs enlargement

• @systems enlargement

• CCTV: To go to a discourse conversation. Fix existing cameras

• Ventilation to room rear @nico

• Discourse

I have started a thread on the changes to the sofa area

https://discourse.southlondonmakerspace.org/t/changing-the-sofa-space-to-include-child-area/7639

#Previous actions

• Space use survey to be sent out this weekend by @directors following a bump of the post this evening by @unknowndomain for last feedback.
  • Material library is ongoing work by @afshind
  • Makerspace dashboard work to be prioritised by @tobyspark @naxxfish and additionally @emuboy
  • Tool control update to be sought from @jonathanjo and @courty on getting something up and running in the space, however they’ve been dragged away by shutter and door issues.
  • Mouse issue, @directors to communicate best practice to members and @lewisss will help with laying traps.

New actions

If @naxxfish can prep the Pi, I can get the HDMI input whatevers done. I can’t do it this week, I’ve set a reminder to look into it next week.

Also, is a “shutter status” API in the pipeline, @systems? That would be handy to turn the screen on and off.

@sarahj Sorry yesterday late evening after the meeting @StudioNelle and I agreed that we might start a thread on the child friendly area. It is the first time I have tried to contribute at Makerspace towards making a physical change and I thought I should post it while the meeting is fresh in my mind, and it turns out that the thread is reflective of what was discussed yesterday, but it’s early and we haven’t come together to discuss as contributors yet, as agreed in the members meeting that we will work on it together. I’ve been suggested that setting up an email comittee is a good way forward from here. It is possible that we might close/pause the thread until we have discussed this and I was not so aware until now the action was for you to identify what is needed to improve the designated child friendly area.

Here is the thread for now;
https://discourse.southlondonmakerspace.org/t/changing-the-sofa-space-to-include-child-area/7639

@textilestechs above is an early introduction to Childfriendly area in the space, if you are interested, I think we are about to set up an email comittee on the topic.

2 Likes

No need to apologise! It’s always good to seize the moment. :slight_smile:

I am sorry I missed the meeting, I came to the last one and then discovered
it was cancelled and this one was too short notice. Hope to catch up soon.
How are things?

1 Like

Did I miss this or is it still to go out?

It’s not gone out yet.

Is there a meeting this month? Is it too early to add an agenda item for discussion? It might not be the right place for it not sure?

It’s on 28th. We’ll start a new thread for it, but you can post here, and we’ll try to remember and add it as a suggestion

ok - thanks.

Rasberry Jam / Events

Can you say more?

I kind of want to know more about them;
Is it an exclusive group?
What do they do?
Are they members to the space?
When do they run days and times?
Is someone able to have this updated on both calendars when they are in the space.
Is the space available for other youth groups to access the space in this way.

Sorry I can’t make the meeting tonight so sending my appologies for absence. No issues to report.