Make The Space - Saturday 3rd June 2017

Hi Dale. Can you give a bit more detail on costs, or is this a guesstimate?

Are you using Birch ply? The 18mm ply we got from Fulham Timber was £47+ VAT for and 8x4 sheet last time, but they cursed me and said it would have to be more in future…

EDIT: just read your earlier post! Yes, sounds reasonable! Go for it. We don’t need an exact price.

Osmo is about £50 a tin though…I can pick some up from Leyland, unless someone else is on it?

1 Like

@Dermot - yeah, birch ply. Whitten are quoting £55 + VAT for a decent sheet. Hinges about £15. Handles about £15. I’ll be getting all the stuff this week, so will get the best I can for the cheapest price. Will definitely come in under £100. Thanks for the nod.
I’ll leave the osmo to you if that’s cool? I’ll get the doors cut up and ready to hang. A quick coat of osmo and then I’ll whack them in. Shouldn’t take too long. (Famous last words)

1 Like

Maybe go and choose a sheet rather than ordering over the phone. That way you can pick out a nice one. Flat. Undamaged.

1 Like

Definitely chose a sheet in person. the best way to ensure you get a nice sheet.

Edit: osmo we can sort

1 Like

There is a bag full of nice stainless kitchen door handles in the snug. I hoarded them for10 years so would hate to see them miss the opportunity! I will dig them out Monday or Tuesday evening…

2 Likes

@boldaslove / @peter_hellyer - gonna head over with my brother in his work van during the week to pick up a sheet. Will make sure we get a decent one.

@tomnewsom - brilliant. Gonna need 5 handles in total. Always good to use what’s laying around. I’ve got some of the magnetic stoppers left over from doing my bedroom cupboards too, so more £ saved.

2 Likes

@woodtechs - do we have a 35mm forstner bit for drilling cabinet door hinges?

Mine definitely used to be there…

1 Like

I saw one the other day in the hope of drilling a roughly 35mm sized hole. I didn’t use it though, and I can’t remember where I saw it.

Long story short, yes there is one, no I don’t know where it is :blush:

1 Like

Love it. Sounds like most of my woodworking calculations!

5 handles (shrink wrapped, with bolts!) are on the kitchen shelf by the plants

2 Likes