Look & Feel

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa4a5dea070>

brushes teeth

The problem isn’t so much showing the real name, but forcing it to appear at all when it’s “too similar” to the username. For example, your real name shows up because it’s nothing like unknowndomain, but mine doesn’t because my username is tomnewsom. Can’t believe this is by design.

I want to change my username…

How much do I worry about breaking stuff?

It’s not the end of the world. Old @mentions of you will cease to be links to your profile and that’s about it.

You could do a search for your old username and edit all those people’s posts.

1 Like

Fixed this by restoring the proper width for the container <div> rather than trying to shrink the images (which have styling and code in all sorts of places)

Decluttering the topic list

Before

After

Thoughts?

I like knowing how many replies there are.

Hmm. I think I’m in Tommel’s camp, or to put more formally: the original page with the extra metadata is appropriate for a ‘latest’ page.

1 Like

I would suggest keeping replies and activity, but dropping views and users.

Would personally keep the Activity stats. I will never remember how many replies there were on a topic when I last looked, but if there’s recent activity then that will be prompt me to look.

Lets not change it then.

Yeah, looks like there’s support for each column :smiley:

You could get rid of the users column because it’s pretty much useless but I see no point.

The users column may serve no use to you. I like it. Call me cliquey =]

I like it - I think it’s friendly and helps keep things from looking too stark.

Problem… When you click the reply bubble it gets messy.

Ewwww. Yes. That’s horrible. Right…

Oh god this is a horrible mess. I don’t have time to fix this now I’m afraid.

Bear with me while things move around a bit…

Ok, so now you can shrink the window and

1. The margins don’t jump around
  2. The avatar doesn’t skip up onto a newline
  3. The text wraps to the window edge

However there’s now a margin under each post that wasn’t there before and I can’t figure out why before the end of my lunch break. Still, a net improvement.

EDIT: I see why it’s happening. Will dive deeper.