Lazer cutter induction - urgent

Hello everyone,

My name is Aleksi and I am looking to join this wonderful community of makers.

I know it is very short notice, but I have a project that needs completing urgently. So I was wondering if someone was able to give me an induction to use the lazer cutter, preferably this week. The piece I am creating would require about 5 hours of lazer time. I have experience with lazers so I think I will be able to use the machine independently after an induction.

Thanks so much and have a nice day!

Aleksi

Hi Aleksi,

We don’t really do ‘urgent’ - we are a community-run workshop and rely on the goodwill and cooperation of our members. Laser techs kindlt and voluntarily give up their free time to run inductions as and when they can.

If it’s really urgent you are probably best looking at a commercial service.

Hi Rich,
Many thanks. Of course i understand this, but I thought there’s no harm trying.

All the best!
Aleksi

also your membership need to be in place and the first direct debit payment gone out before you can register for inductions

Hi Aleksi,
@lewisss and @RichM are both correct, you need to be a paying member and inductions are at the discretion of the laser techs.
I am a laser tech and am always happy to help, what’s your project? How “simple” is it? What experience do you already have?
Kind regards.
Jonathan

Also not sure that joining just to use it for 5 hours is really normal use, seems more like production use which we charge for.

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the nice reply. I would be interested in joining for the longer run as well, to contribute to the space and work there from time to time. Currently however I am moving a lot between Finland and London.
Anyway, the project I am creating is a mosaic style artwork, lazercut from different tones of 3-4mm thick sheets of material I have created myself from discarded orange peel and other bio-waste. In the past I have used Epilog lazers to cut this material.

All the best,
Aleksi