Laser tech = laser cleaner?

Is there something else we can use as an alternative? Was hoping to laser some stencils to test some screens.

Cheers

this has been flagged that we have no lens cleaner for nearly a month now, does each @lasertech think the other one is getting it?

There was an important job to be done and Everyone was sure that Someone would do it.

Anyone could have done it, but No-one did it.

Someone got angry about that because he thought that it was Everyone’s job.

Everyone thought that Anyone could do it, but No-one realised that Everyone wouldn’t do it.

It ended up that Everyone was angry with Someone because No-one did what Anyone could have done!

1 Like

chill your beans, this has been on order from trotec for several weeks, but they are being slow to deliver.

1 Like

surely it is the same as camera lens cleaner?
if it has been several weeks on order shouldnt someone phone them up to see where it is! i can’t believe they are out of stock of this

1 Like

I have sent a message to Trotec a while ago(an hour ago) asking what is up with the delivery and if it is possible to have it delivered soon.

1 Like

Lens Clens #1 ships from the USA so if they are out of stock it’s not impossible.

Lots of people say the lenses are hydroscopic, but others say they’re not and they’ve used lens cleaner loads.

I’ve asked Dominic from Smoke and Mirrors what he recommends, as we aren’t even using real Trotec lenses anyway.

The contents of Lens Clens #1 is mainly solvent (alcohol) and degreaser, so some isopropyl alcohol should work in a pinch.

1 Like

How about https://hobarts.com/lens-cleaning-fluid

I can place order of some acrylic sheets for our laser shop and throw in this?

2 Likes

Ah! a voice of reason

1 Like

Everyone stop!
I have 2 bottles delivered to my house yesterday but as the space is not my only job in life I have yet to drop these at the space.
Trotec took 2 weeks to process my order hence the delay.
I will drop the cleaner off tomorrow morning…
Till then, find something else to do! :wink:

4 Likes

ROR was the recommendation I saw elsewhere, but the Directors have ordered some.

Dominic confirmed we can any Isopropyl Alcohol.

1 Like

It seemed ok to me but I have terrible eyesight so tend to clean after use anyway.

1 Like

Did anything happen about a longer focal length lens? If they are available without a mortgage it would be helpful for cutting thicker materials (which I currently have a need for) as well as clearance problems.

We need to be a bit careful with a longer focal length lens, as it’s potentially an easy way to confuse people and make them think there are focus problems, when they’re simply using the wrong focus stick - also they don’t give as good focus as the shorter length so really should only be used when absolutely necessary.

If we do get one, we’ll need to really clearly mark it and make sure it stays in the laser maintenance kit, and be sure that it gets removed from the machine after it’s been used.

(also: makes sense to use the Lens Clens #1 , whilst it is mainly just alcohol, it also has secret magic ingredients to help unstick burnt on particulate matter better and not leave any streaks whilst doing so … (speaking from random experience in a high performance optics lab) )

1 Like
  • Sodium Dodecyl Sulphate
  • Ammonium Hydroxide
1 Like

I don’t believe longer focal length equates to cutting through thicker materials…

It does. increased focal length also means an increased depth of focus. A 4" lens will have approximately twice the depth of focus of a 2" lens.

https://www.troteclaser.com/en-gb/knowledge/tips-for-laser-users/how-to-select-the-right-lens-for-your-application/

We use a 1.5 lens at work for most stuff for engraving

David, you are correct.
https://www.troteclaser.com/en-gb/knowledge/tips-for-laser-users/how-to-select-the-right-lens-for-your-application/
I personally think any additional lenses are beneficial so long as people look after them…

2 Likes