Laser tech = laser cleaner?

No it doesn’t… at least not if I’m not using the laser… I arrived this morning to have a general look at the laser and again found it a little dirty with the bed incorrectly inserted…

I did clean it out because I can’t just leave it messy so please try to do the same if you use this wonderful machine!
More cleaning solution arriving soon along with an upgrade to the bed for those that are interested…
Please take care of this machine better. If you have any comments please drop them below.
Happy days!
Jonathan

3 Likes

Did we switch to a slatted table?

On an unrelated note - did discussion about ordering some longer-range lenses come to anything in the end?

Not yet, I’m possibly building one if @Courty doesn’t want to outsource to China… paul?

For? As far as I’m aware @Dermot was looking into us getting some lenses that fit the existing trotec metal holder…

In my case specifically the inside of a box lid - there was mention of getting hold of lenses which could engrave at say 4" rather than 2", allowing you to engrave without hitting the inside of the lid at the start and end of the cut and thus damaging the laser cutter. This may have been looked into and come to nothing much.

There was a discussion about getting some lenses with a longer focal length, not sure what happened to that discussion though.

P

Ok, I see you use case… I don’t think this is a critical requirement but would be nice to have. To be honest I would only make this lens available on request if we did get one, I can just see chaos otherwise…

1 Like

yep, at very least be REALLY well labled.

I have a vague feeling the laser cutter at my school has a setting for this. If the crappy Gravograph does I’m surprised the Trotec doesn’t!

1 Like

I was trying to find it - it’s absolutely acheiveable (academically at least). If someone finds the setting I’ll happily buy them a beer.

They’ve arrived

Will drop in soon

We can try some different FL lenses, if @lasertechs support this

And yes, colour coded holders at the very least, and probably locked away…

1 Like

Please confirm what exactly has arrived and maybe DM me a location and I will get them in operation… :+1:

Just a note to say there was no lense cleaner yesterday evening. cheers m’dears!.

Thanks Elizabeth I’m in the case and you should see some more solution soon.

@directors
@lasertechs

Currently there does not appear to be any cleaner for the lens.
I have finished using the laser and am unable to extract a drop of cleaner even after leaving the bottle upside down.
Judging by the previous posts this would mean the lens hasn’t been cleaned in over 2 weeks?

David

If it can’t be cleaned it needs to be taken out of service.

1 Like

Short of padlocking the lid down how would we do that?
All efforts in the past have failed :slight_smile:

1 Like

The power switch can be padlocked out of action.

How dirty is the lens? If it’s dirty then it needs to be put offline

This is a massive PITA