Laser Cutting Examples

Hi @lasertechs, I know we had a nice collection of laser cutting examples for inductions. I’m looking to cut some for the workshop in Cambridge, can you remember what’s in your set?
Cheers,
Will

Wood, stone, glass, acrylic, rubber, silk, leather or other combination thereof.

1 Like

I have the following:

• The same peacock design (cut and engraved) in acrylic, ply and MDF - demonstrates the effects of material selection (attached, source unknown).
  • The peacock design in 2 very different DPI settings to demonstrate engraving variables (need a magnifier to see the differences).
  • An elephant scaled to different sizes to show scale-dependent influences on design (the tail falls off!) (attached, source unknown).
  • A tea light holder to demonstrate 3D assembly from flat sheets (Instructables)
  • A test card to demonstrate the relationships between power and speed (see Material settings on Tool page)
  • A press-fit finger joint box (any will do) and kerff testing tool to demonstrate kerff issues (see Material settings on Tool page)
  • A piece of 12mm acrylic and other materials to demonstrate the range of material options (e.g. this)
  • First project is a good intro to the laser cutting workflow
  • Acrylic electronics enclosures and test cuts (minimise material wastage) (attached)
  • Some living hinge designs

My book
You are welcome to use my book as a reference material.
It comes with a bunch of activities and associated pre-load files.

Will Hay Cambridge.zip (91.0 KB)

Thanks for this Brendon. Sorry I only just saw it.

No problem!