Laser cutter lens issue **LASER CUTTER OUT OF ORDER** - FIXED!

@lasertechs

Went to use the laser this evening and when cleaning the lens I turned it over in my hand and the lens fell out of the holder. Luckily it landed in my palm. No damage that I can see to the lens or holder.

Is this meant to be superglued into the holder or is it just a press fit?

Lens and holder are in a plastic box in the laser itself, wrapped up.

I’m down for the rest of the evening so if it’s a quick fix let me know.

1 Like

AFAIK, it’s loose fitted right now, pending printing/machining of a new holder. You can put it back in. Might be worth putting up a warning notice for other laser users so they don’t drop it on a hard surface.

I will do both. It goes curved side down right?
(Daft question I know but better safe…)

@Jonathan?

Will have to come have a look. I printed 2 lens holders, there should be another in the box? I can always adjust model and reprint if required. @CriticalTolerance can you check if there is another grey holder in the box and confirm the fit please?

Curved side up is how it fits. You have to ensure the lens is pressed into the holder and recessed below the surface that slides in, if not you will scratch the lens

Sorry @Jonathan - I was out the space before I saw your replies and needed to head home. I was a little surprised as the fit seemed quite loose.

It would be worth the next user checking the lens is in correctly as per Jonathan’s comment - I’m not convinced I put it in the holder the right way up.

Hi all. I’m trying to use the laser to test out a toothbrush holder :wink:
@Sholto_id-iom was on it and he confirmed that the lens was the correct orientation (@CriticalTolerance you should have more faith!), as he left he said that the JobControl was playing up. I thought a restart would clear it but it has not so I offer it to you all:

JobControl is complaining that it “Can not position any more jobs on this plate.”

• the plate is clear, there are now no jobs in the queue/list
  • I have started new plates
  • the plate size is as expected
  • no job size will bypass this oddity

I have looked about but can find nothing more than above.

I’m afraid that I now need to leave (no brush holder for me… just a lost 45 mins :wink: but an answer will help the next user for sure!

1 Like

I also have had JC problems - specifically it won’t engrave or cut anything but black for me.

Yep. I had serious issues with the size playing up and JC only transferring a portion of my job to the slate.

I’m certain all these issues are being caused by something really simple, but needs attention that is unfortunately outside the scope of my limited technical knowledge.

1 Like

You need to set minimise to job size in the print preferences.

@lasertechs Is the machine actually broken, it seems like it’s not and we can use it?

3 Likes

Correct - should have corrected the title but wanted to be sure all issues were resolved prior to doing so.

3 Likes

I’m confused I came in yesterday and there is a big sign that states laser cutter out of order. Can anyone shed any light? I couldn’t see a thread. @lasertechs

Thanks

Just pinned the thread

Hey guys I’m heading in tomorrow is the laser cutter up and running? Thanks :slight_smile:

Was working last night!

1 Like

Cool thank you!

It actually seems to be working better than it has in a long time. Well done to everyone involved.