Laptop wanted

I’m posting just on the off chance that someone is getring rid of an old laptop in the next few weeks/ months. I only really need it for word processing and possibly making presentations and record keeping. It would be great to find something with MS Office on it but any kind of word processing programme will do. Or possibly I can download something. It doesn’t need to have a battery that holds it’s charge as it can be plugged in. Working speakers would be good and wi fi would be a bonus (as long as it has a usb port). That is really the only things I need.

It is not for a good cause or anything - just for use at work so if there is another party that needs it more then that’s cool.

I have a fairly old, but vaguely functional MacBook that you’re welcome to if you have the patience to re-install it.

That would be great. I don’t really know how to use Apple OS but it can’t be that hard right?

It’s not hard, but if you’re going for a new system anyway on an old Mac you may even like to try a Linux os. It usually increases speed and for Web use and text based software it should be better. If you bring the laptop to the electronics evening one Thursday I’d be happy to help you set it up! I’m guessing quite a few others would be happy to help too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Cheers. I probably will take you up on that offer!

1 Like

I shall try and drop it down in the next couple days - I need to find where the heck I’ve left the charger first though…

1 Like

Gently!

Thanks Pete!

Any luck with this?

Hey! Sorry, forgot all about this :s I’ll bring it in tomorrow and leave somewhere inconspicuous :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much! I can come at the weekend and collect it

Sorry forgot again, will bring down this evening or Sunday morning

1 Like