Knitting Machine

Hello makers

I have just joined this forum to enquire about knitting machines. I would like to make some scarves to sell for X-Mas, but i have never used a knitting machine before, and have no idea if this idea is even profitable. I have no idea about the type of yarn to use, or how it works or anything. Does anyone have any advice of where to go from here? Is there a working knitting machine in the space and does anyone know how to use it?

Any tips or further info would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks for reading :slight_smile: xxxx

@sabtab is probably your best bet, might be a few others who are also knowledgeable.

Hi,
Yes there is a working knitting machine in maker space and another on loan from @StudioNelle which I don’t know if it works? It’s quite a learning curve ( I learnt at Morley college) and i’d Love to show you but I’m working full time at the moment and I haven’t been able to come to makerspace for a while… it uses 4ply yarn and it usually comes in a cone (it’s quite fine). Wool is generally quite expensive and the knitting machine is time consuming so I don’t know if it’s a great business but you can try!