Job Vacancy: Electronic Design Engineer / Hardware Hacker

job
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f5b707c3e18>

(Samuel Cousin) #1

Hello everyone

Our company is looking for an Electronic Design Engineer, but really what we’re looking for is someone who is curious, love embedded hardware, and can do a bit of everything on the way from PCB to provisioning

Makers/hackers are what we’re looking for, so don’t hesitate to get in touch regardless of formal training or prior professional experience

I will link to the posting below, but contact me here directly here if you have more questions or are interested or if you have a friend who has friend

Cheers

SIGNAL Biometrics is creating the next generation of remote vital signs monitoring. Our solutions are currently used in Formula 1 motorsport, where we are enabling human telemetry to be used in a demanding environment.

Overview

Signal is growing, and we’re now on the lookout for someone to take ownership of our hardware design & delivery. The ideal candidate should be able to go from PCB design to production, and able to do a bit of everything along the way. They should also be ready to handle the pros & cons of a startup environment; curiosity, attitude & communication outclass pure skills or experience, as far as we’re concerned.

You must be able and willing to work in the UK.

As a company, we are fully committed to the principles of equal opportunity: it is our policy to ensure that no job applicant nor current employee receives less favourable treatment due to gender, disability, marital status, religion or belief, race, age, sex, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender reassignment or civil partnership.

Essentials experience

• Experience in PCB design
  • Experience with embedded microcontrollers & IDE’s
  • Curiosity to learn new technologies and skills

Nice to have experience

• BLE 4.0 / 5.0 / WiFi
  • USB / MIPI / Video processing
  • C/C++
  • 3D modeling & printing
  • Interest in motorsport
  • Rapid prototyping

Perks

• Any tools you need to do the job
  • Competitive salary & benefits
  • Flexible schedule
  • High profile industries & clients
  • Work travel if you want
  • Not your typical 9-to-5

https://www.reed.co.uk/jobs/electronics-design-engineer/35873378

(Samuel Cousin) #2

Bump! & also because we’re open to a contract based arrangement as well :woman_mechanic:

(Dermot Jones) #3

@Willybood interested, or know anyone?

(Billy Wood) #4

@kuzyn, I wouldn’t mind talking to you about this one actually. I’m looking to start a new contractor position near the end of September, and it looks like I hit a lot of the requirements. Send me a message if you want to talk further.
Otherwise, I don’t have anyone specific in mind but I’d be happy to put it out on my LinkedIn for you.