Issue cancelling and reinstating direct debit

Hi,

Earlier in the year I set up my direct debit with the intention of starting to use the space. My life inevitably got in the way and I didn’t have a chance to get started. I cancelled the direct debit a couple of months later once I remembered it was going at my bank end.

Im now in a position to actually be able to and want to use the space and came to an intro a couple of weeks ago.

Problem is this site still thinks I have a direct debit running and if I click cancel in the account area direct debit page nothing happens so I cant cancel and restart it.

Can anyone modify my account, supply me with the direct debit details or suggest a way I can get around it?

Cheers,

Tom.

Hi Tom,

There’s a glitch in the system.

I’ll look into it on Sunday.

Hi Tom, should work now: just log into your membership account and set up a new DD mandate!

Can confirm its sorted and Im signed up again :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

I just goofed and cancelled my DD. Can’t see a section to reinstate it. Can someone tell me where it is. Looking on my phone. Could this be the issue? I’ll try to speak to my bank and cancel the cancel…

Did you cancel it via the membership system, or your bank?

Through my bank. I thought it was something else. It was titled GOCARDLESS.

It does explain in the signup process that we use gocardless for payment processing and the payment name is actually Makerspace but the company processing it is GoCardless, some banks try to be more user friendly by showing the payment company but if you use a shared merchant account like us then it comes up with this problem.

Yeah, if I had thought about it a little longer I could have figured that by process of elimination. If I need to set up again then I can do it tomorrow morning at my bank. Can you link the page with the DD details pls?

https://members.southlondonmakerspace.org/profile/direct-debit

The system won’t know that you’ve cancelled your direct debit at your bank, so you will need to cancel both the mandate and subscription here.

Oh, will this cancel all my accesses too?

No, your subscription extends your membership on a monthly basis, if you cancel and already cancelled subscription it will probably display an error saying unable to cancel (because it already is) and then from there you’ll be able to signup again, and when that payment goes through you’ll get a month from the date of payment…

So this does mean you may end up paying more, ideally you would set the payment date to the same date as when ever your last payment was so that you don’t pay extra.

It’s due on the 18th. I’ll cancel and set up again now then. Thanks Tom/Dermot. Sorry for my stupid.

Chris

send a PM to the directors and we’ll sort you out…