Is the space open?

Hello!
According to the green tick on the discourse banner, the space is open. However no indication of it on the calendar.
I live 1h30 cycling away and I don’t have shutter access so I really would like to make sure someone is there for a few hours before I make my way down :slight_smile:
Any way of confirming this or adding the I do on the calendar? Cheers!

Hi Camille,

I understand your frustration, this can be really annoying!

The space is currently indicated as “open”, because we have a cleaner, doing their job. You can see this under any booking for the space: “Please note: all inside workshops are closed for cleaning on Sundays from 06:30 to 11:00”. Maybe we can make this a recurring event booking in the calendar to avoid future confusion?

Members with shutter access should make a booking for all members to plan accordingly… but sometimes life gets in the way and people simply forget or go in for a short amount of time to pick up a phone charger or something. :slight_smile:

This is definitively something the community can work together to make this better for everyone! I will mention this at the next members meeting!

I know, you just recently joined and that the ins and outs can be a bit “opaque”.

You can get shutter access too! There are many ways to volunteer or get yourself known to the community. You just need two members who have shutter access to vouch for you, meaing make yourself a known member of the space, or “trusted”.

In the meantime, if you plan on going on a particular date that has no booking yet that suits your time window, put a post up on Discourse asking if anybody with shutter access is planning to be around the time you’d like to come in. Many times this will end up with somebody being reminded to make a booking.

Hope, that helped.

1 Like

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your answer! No frustration here, simply double-checking whether it was worth coming down or not :sweat_smile:

But yes, of course, it would help if the calendar was kept a bit more filled with dates. In the meantime yes, I’ll ask in advance, that’s a better approach, thanks for the suggestion.

I will look into getting shutter once I’ve been around a bit more :blush:

Thanks again,
Camille

2 Likes

No worries, you’ll get there!

There are currently “things” in the making, to make this exact issue easier!

3 Likes

Hi,:smiley: Yes it is open now im here until 2PM. Keep well . Brian D=

1 Like

I can relate to this. I only live 45 mins away but when I saw it was open yesterday I headed down but by the time I got there it was closed. I guess the moral or the story is don’t go unless it’s marked as open on the bookings. Hopefully I’ll be able to get shutter access in the not too distant future because weekends are a really good time for me to be there, but it seems like the space is often not open on weekends.

2 Likes

Hello, I saw this a bit late Brian haha but thanks though! Are you going to be there next Sunday by any chance? (6th of November).

Hi Camille, :smiley: Yes I will be there from 11AM until about 4PM . Keep well . Brian D=

Super! I’ll aim at being there 11h30 to 14h30 :slight_smile: