Is it possible to commission items? I'm dying to have a Harry Potter-style Weasley Clock

Is it possible to ask people in the maker space if they’d like to build things for me? I’m a software guy not a hardware guy but I’d love a Weasley Clock, wall mounted rather than a big grandfather style, that works with home assistant like this one: https://github.com/randomstring/WeasleyClock

Cash definitely available, but I’d also swap equivalent build time for a software project in an exchange of skills if that was appealing

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum or place.

The Makerspace has all the tools available to make a Weasley Clock just like you’d like to have.

Instead of throwing money at it, have you considered getting out of your comfort zone and doing something AFK and get hands dirty? Join us and learn how to build your own Weasley Clock. Looks like just a bit of Lasercutting and/or CNC milling should do the trick.

It will most likely give you an experience you can’t weigh up in any currency.

We have an Open Evening this coming Wednesday, 28 June from 7pm - 9pm

Just sayin’…

1 Like

Lasercutter would be perfect for this!

Laser cutter would be good, might be worth noting we also have an Inkscape course on the 26th June (for members) which may be a good stepping stone for designing things for the laser cutter.

2 Likes