"Intro to video for makers" session?

Damn in I can’t make it :frowning:

Will there be a video of the session :wink:

1 Like

Next time! Video - TBC.

Hi, I’ve just signed up to become a member and setup the direct debit but I don’t think my first payment has cleared yet. Is it still okay to sign up for this session? Thanks :slight_smile:

@directors ?

Your first payment should make it to us on the 21st. IMO, so long as Luke is happy, I’m happy. (Ian, would ‘officially’ be your guest until midnight :wink: )

1 Like

Thanks, Peter.

@ian2332 adding you to the list - see ya Tuesday.

Thanks guys, see you Tuesday

scratch that - my meeting has been cancelled. See you at 7:30

Cheers

Thanks for this @lukeLC
Very helpful
Really good session
Apologies for the dozing off … nothing to do with the content more two days with 4 hours sleep!!

1 Like

Thanks Luke! Great session, I now have a starting point to work from.

1 Like

Thanks Luke, enjoyed tonight.

The makers we were chatting about:
Jimmy DiResta
Frank Howarth (lots of stop-motion)
Also - Dorian Bracht - beautiful joinery and well worth watching

1 Like

Thanks, man. Loved the links, too. DiResta - cool vids and I’ll probably do a deep dive into his stuff at some point. Frank H - I watched the first 5 mins of his water tank video (I thought, ok, I know nothing about water tanks, can you make it interesting for me?) and I am pretty sure I’ll be spending too much time watching his videos! Dorian B. - I look forward to learning more about woodwork, so I can actually appreciate what he’s doing, because at the moment I can just about use a hand saw, so it’s a bit like subatomic particle physics for someone who’s trying to remember that force equals mass times acceleration :smile:

Really though it was great too! Gave us a lot to think about, cheers!