Inauguration of two new @woodtechs: Beth and Mark

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa495f7e9a0>

We’re very pleased to announce Beth Slater (@beth on discourse), and Mark Johnson (@lewisss on Discourse will be joining @stefanoromano, @joeatkin2 and @Barnaby_Coote as @woodtechs

There’s no way to accurately measure this, but we expect it to be one of the most popular inaugurations of the last few days among Makerspace members…

With Beth, it’s really a rubber stamping of the role she’s already been ably undertaking with her excellent and very popular wood lathe inductions.

Mark is a multi-skilled fellow (also a @3dtechs) with a tonne of construction and woodworking skills.

This is an exciting time for the Makerspace: the wood workshop is pretty much ready and poised to unleash wider tool inductions, and there’s a bunch of very willing members lining up for them.

As ever: Mark and Beth much better placed to tell you about themselves than I am…

9 Likes

cool, loads done, lots to do.
i can help with organising storage and maximising floor space
if it becomes a priority

2 Likes

That is great news Beth @Beth and Mark @lewisss! You both bring your professional and excellent experiences to us :slight_smile:

I’m one very keen member waiting hungrily for an induction so this is very positive. Is there any idea when these inductions might happen. I really don’t want to miss a slot.

@woodtechs should be able to answer this.

A waiting list should be up soon…

2 Likes

Next couple of weeks

1 Like