I have a laser cutter you can use

Hi
I have a desktop laser cutter, as new. You can see it at www.darklylabs.com called emblazer 2. Software runs on macOS and Windows 10.

I am happy for the makerspace to use it to increase capacity to make shields - provided it is returned in good working condition.

It is in an enclosure with cutoff protection so you don’t need protective eyewear.

It is as delivered from factory and a very neat design suitable and safe to use in an office environment.

Please let me know.
Regards
David

1 Like

Thank you David - what does it need in the way of extraction?

It doesn’t require extraction as such but has the standard pipe to attach extraction. They sell an extractor/filter to add to it.

So it depends upon the material - you may use it in an airy space or attach extraction to it.

Big thing is that it isn’t a huge device like the one in the makerspace so it’s physically easier to accommodate.

Regards
David

2 Likes

Detmot
I can drive it around to the makerspace for you to look at, if that helps.
Regards
David

Sorry that should read Dermot :slight_smile:

Hi David – another option would be to collect some materials for cutting the shields at home? We have some Standard Operating Practice to make the end product as safe as possible

That all depends on whether you have the time and inclination?

Hi
Unfortunately ( fortunately ) I am extremely busy with work, even at weekends and don’t have anywhere to use it anyway - one of the reasons it is unused.

I had to mothball everything - I also have a vinyl SLS 3d printer - very high resolution and a 5 axis milling ( anything you to hard wood like mahogany) and filament extruded 3D printer - also 5 axis.

These are extremely versatile machines but I don’t have anywhere to make use of them for the moment.

I don’t have any vinyl fluid and the SLS cover needs glueing back together.

I’d be happy for them to be put to use.

The 5axis milling/3D printer has a particularly large build area.

Regards
David
Regards
David

2 Likes

Hi David – in that case we’d love to give it a try. We need to be sure about getting the extraction right of course

I’ll DM my number and we can work out getting it to the Space in a COVID save manner

Hi Dermot
Good. My email is D****************m

It has a plastic enclosure - easy to wipe exterior and it has never been opened let alone used - although hasn’t been in the box. I will wipe it down with alcohol based cleaner before I bring it.

I have nitrile gloves and ffp3 N95 face mask - no symptoms.

Happy to coordinate dropping it off at the space - I am super busy with work but today ( Wednesday) I have a mostly free day before starting an extra assignment tomorrow.

So if convenient, I could drop it off this afternoon. Otherwise perhaps at the weekend. All documentation is downloadable from their website Emblazer 2 www.darklylabs.com so I suggest using that whilst you possibly leave it for a couple of days.

If my situation changes then I’ll happily pitch in.
Regards
David