Howdy, I'm Tony

Hi folks, just signed up yesterday, and looking forward to getting more involved at the makerspace.

A little about me: originally from Kentucky, lived in London 9-years, formerly a software engineer and now a tech volunteer on a ‘long’ sabbatical.

I’ve been wanting to join a makerspace for years, to meet others in the maker community, learn new skills, and have more fun with projects. Speaking of which…

Projects I’ve completed in the last few years: solar panel sun tracker (from a kit), weather monitor (raspberry pi), ‘Bring me coffee’ button for my wife (repurposed amazon dash button + sw ‘glue’)

Projects in-progress and in the future: finishing a thermal camera (raspi, thermal sensor, camera), anything wood-carving or lathe related, 3d-printing.

After that, automated gardening would be pretty neat, or anything that helps with make smoking meats easier.

Looking forward to getting to know more folks at the space and having fun with projects!

7 Likes

Hi Tony,

And welcome! Just signed up myself and super thrilled. I’ll be in the space on Tuesday evening - 7ish. If you’re around, say hi!

Mark

1 Like

Great to meet you yesterday, Tony! Thanks again for the bbq recommendation. These projects sound great! Hope to see you around the space again soon.

1 Like