Hiya I'm Naomi and a newbie here

Hello everyone- hope all are holding up ok at the moment :slight_smile:

I’m Naomi and new-ish to London, I’m a mechanical design engineer for work but a keen hobbyist maker in all sorts (!)

I’d like to use the space to do woodwork, metalwork, use 3d printers and laser cutter mainly but also would be super nice to hang out and make some new pals. I like to also make origami, jewellery, sewing, up cycling…you name it I’ll give it a go.

Trying to get more into raspberry pi type projects at the moment to improve my electronics and coding.
Hoping it might be possible to volunteer some time to help with your team covid PPE manufacturing (excellent effort btw!)

Look forward to meeting you all digitally for now!

2 Likes

Greetings Naomi

Nice to virtually meet you

1 Like

Hi Naomi,:grinning: welcome (on a virtual footing at the mo ) Brian D=

1 Like

Hi Naomi!

Nice to meet you. Although we can’t meet at the space we have a few online meet-ups planned this week.
Tomorrow is Games Night and on Thursday we have our electronics night which might interest you? :slightly_smiling_face:

We are busy at the moment assembling PPE at home :grinning: have a look here https://discourse.southlondonmakerspace.org/t/who-wants-to-assemble-some-face-shields-at-home-and-makerdifference/16864?u=julia_f

We definitely need more people helping out!

Looking forward to meeting you sometime soon. I am also interested in jewellery, and sewing😀

1 Like

That’s a member’s only thread, but I’ve sent Naomi the details

1 Like