Hi Team! I'm Anna- a sewing, textiles and random materials Nerd! Love making Wearable Arts- New to the space

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa492efd4c0>

Hi Team,

I am Kiwi new to London and have be investigating Makerspaces to see which would be best for me and I think you might be the place!

Is there any chance I can come along this weekend to have a quick peek at the space and have a chat to someone?

Really looking forward to meeting creative people- I’ve been missing my crazy creative buddies from home!
Thanks!

Hi Anna,
Welcome to London! There will be people knocking around at the weekend (though there’s no guarantee anyone will be free to show you about as this weekend has quite a few organised sessions and inductions). The best thing would be to turn up on the weekly open evening on Wednesday, when someone enthusiastic will be able to show you what we have available.

Cheers,
Ed

Sounds great Ed! I will come on Wednesday.

@directors hello! Tried to use the new tag machine to activate my tag. I tried the tag tonight at 9.02 and 9.05 but it didn’t unlock the door. Online it says it’s activated to my account. Can you please help? Many thanks.

Not a director but the system says you were denied access because you’ve not yet become a member (your payment hasn’t been collected)

Hi. thanks for your reply. Payment was taken from my account at 7pm tonight. Does it take time to clear into the account?

Just checked and it says payment is ‘processing’. I assume it’s left you but is on its way to us. Eta says 15th

Courty

That means that GoCardless has submitted the payment but the customers bank has not confirmed they’ve taken the money even if as in this case they have.

Basically Direct Debit is slow and the banks most people use are even slower, it should clear tomorrow, given two people have had this same issue it seems likely that there was some kind of processing delay in the last few days. We do see this happen from time to time where a payment sits in limbo between our member having had money taken and the bank not notifying us.

With existing members we mitigate this by giving all members 37 days not a month, but for new members there’s very little we can do.

Thanks for for the information guys! I will spit being such a keen bean and wait! I can set it up on my next visit. Many thanks!