Hi Makers, I'm Maria

I originated from Hong Kong and recently moved to London to do my MA Biodesign at Central Saint Martins. I am passionate about biohacking, biomaterial research, and digital fabrication. I used to work as a maker educator in Hong Kong, mainly on woodwork, laser cutting, creative coding and design thinking. Now I also want to develop new skills in electronics, mechanics and metalwork :woman_mechanic::woman_scientist:

The first project I am going to build in SLMS is hacking my old cheap 3D printer into a bioprinter :nerd_face:

I am really happy to find this vibrant and lovely community here. It makes me live more meaningful weekends and allows me to meet great people in a new city!

I’m also interested to get involved in activities and supporting the growth of the space. Once I have settled in, I’m happy to help out with inductions, public tours of the space, and workshops etc.

13 Likes

Hi Maria! Are you the coolest person at slms now then?? It was nice meeting you yesterday :slightly_smiling_face: Next work/BBQ meet up is at the beginning of May.

6 Likes

Welcome!

1 Like

Hi Maria. We have been chatting in-person at the space, but I just saw your intro now, and see that your interests and skills are far broader than the topics we covered! I am very interested in Maker Education, and would love to chat with you about that sometime. See you soon at the space.

3 Likes

Hey Maria! Welcome! Such cool stuff you’re working on. Can’t wait to see you around the space!

3 Likes