Hi I'm Rory

Hey guys, I’d love to meet you all and check out the space. I’m going to pop in tonight 21st Sept’16. I’m a mechanical engineer and product designer and dabble in electronics. Would love to learn more about app development and have made a couple of super basic ones so far thanks to various YouTube tutorials. :slight_smile: See ya later!

1 Like

Welcome Rory. What platform are you developing on?

Thanks dsikar! I am using iOS mainly because I don’t currently own an android device. Are you a developer?

Android beginner to medium level.

Hi @Dermot I have scanned my access fob at 15:05 on 05/10/2016. Could you please link it to my user account? Thanks!

1 Like

Done!

Noticed that you were denied access today, sorry!

Unfortunately, the membership system says that your first payment is scheduled to go out on the 31st (and on the last day of the month thereafter).

You set up your payment on the 29th, so the 31st was too early for the Direct Debit system to process in time.

Did you set this date manually? Our system is supposed to set the payment date to the earliest possible date that won’t roll over to the next month. If it failed to do so, we need to know so it doesn’t happen again!

Rory must have selected that, there is absolutely no way for it to select last day of the month by accident.

1 Like

i had the same, it didn’t fill in a date automatically so i picked 3 days later thinking that would be enough time
(open day 14/9 joined that day set up dd for 17th. ) but it set my first payment up for 17th october, so paid cash for first month.

It was your experience that led to the addition of an “earliest workable date” default and a warning message about overriding it!

Yes there was an option section in the membership sign-up that allowed me to pick the payment day, so I just picked a time of the month that suited me best! I’m happy to pay in cash for this month. Thanks for your help guys.

Up to @tomnewsom

Hey Rory
Welcome to SLMS, we are working on progressing the build of the space this weekend, I’m there Sat.
Good time to meet people and help the space, which relies on volunteers to develop

look fwd to seeing you