Hi, I'm Rob!

Hello All

Just joined the Makerspace community - thought I’d say hello and ask when it’s a good time to come down and meet people!

I’m also interested in learning how to do a few things in a better way - I’ve used Mills and lathes before, but I wouldn’t class myself as any good.

I’ve joined the Makerspace largely due to robotics and other hobbies that all revolve around engineering of some description. For my first project in this space, I’m aiming to build my 5th combat robot, Hug Machine.

Hope to meet people soon!

1 Like

Hey Rob! I’m pretty new myself, but Building robots too.

Mine are considerabley more basic than yours, but I’ll try make as many Thursday electronics meetups as I can. Maybe one day I’ll ave something worthy of taking your hug machine on, but more likley I’ll pester you with questions.

Welcome Rob & looking forward to seeing your robots🤖

Best time to come as a new member is during the weekly open evening, which is every Wednesday from 19:30 onwards. There will be someone to show you around the space, answer questions, and give you a key fob (assuming your direct debit has gone through by that day and you’re a paid up member).

Feel free to pester me with questions! I’ll do the best I can to answer. I’ve not been doing combat robotics for a long period of time, but I’ve been involved with robotics of some description since I was 12 - happy to answer, but may not be right!

I will endeavor to come down on Wednesday evening then! I live about a 40 minute train journey away (London always looks so small on a map…) but I should be there at 19:30.