Hi I'm Richard

Hi

I’m Richard. I’m converting a van into a campervan so I’ve got a lot of work ahead of me. I’ve been down to an open day and think your workshop is amazing!

The first job I need to do asap requires a table or band saw. I Can see the waiting list for the table saw but how do i put my name down for woodwork intro? Can I do both at the same time?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Greetings Richard,

As I understand it you will need to make sure your account shows you as being a fully fledged paying member; giving you access to training and ultimately your own access to the space using a rfid keyfob.

once you have the membership setup, you can put your name down for woodwork training.
using the induction waiting lists here:

https://discourse.southlondonmakerspace.org/c/admin/induction-waiting-lists

Regards,

Thanks Electronoob. Thought I might be doing something wrong! I’ll get it sorted. Thanks

1 Like

Also, don’t be intimidated by the length of the lists! Plenty of people can’t make a session when it’s on, so even those towards the bottom of the list tend to get a go.

Thanks Tom. i’m struggling to get started. I’ve received the emailing saying my first payment has been received . I haven’t got my fob yet. Do I need to do anything else to be able put my name on the waiting list? I can click the green edit button but cant add anything. thanks

Hi Richard,

You should have received an email explaining the next steps?

Anyhow: the main thing to to is to log into the membership system and link your Discourse account with your membership account – just log on and click the ‘Discourse’ button, and the system should find you easily. After that you will have access to the members’ areas on Discourse and be able to sign up to the waiting lists.

EDIT: and come down to the space sometime to pick up a fob.

Arhh. I just found my activation code message! Ok signed up for an induction. Great thanks.

2 Likes

awesome, welcome aboard.