Hi I'm Piran and I build for Theatre and Events

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa499b254b8>

Hi South London Makers,

I’ve been recommend your group by a designer friend of mineand this looks fantastic. I’d love to get involved and meet some like minded building nerds. The would be my first time getting involved with a maker space and I’m just trying to get a sense of how it works. I’ll start by introducing myself, then hopefully we can arrange to meet.

My business is primarary building sets for theatre and I have a couple of upcoming projects I require a space to contruct in (I have a van to take away any items taking up too much space) The current projects are a show adaption of Raymond Briggs “The Bear”, a light up arch for the “Sex Workers Opera” and mechanisms for a interactive experience of Dracula (we’re discussing a remote control coffin) My working times are flexible, I’m happy to help out on other projects and I bring a lot of my own tools.

If it sounds like I’d be an addition to your workshop, can we please arrange a meeting ASAP. Besides here you can email me at p_jeffcock@hotmail.com

Best,

Piran

1 Like

Hi Piran!

No meetings required - anyone can join at https://members.southlondonmakerspace.org/

You should come and visit us at an Open Evening; every Wednesday from 19:30. This will be the best way of getting an impression of the space. You’ll also get a good idea of how tight for space we are! Anything large has to be taken away when not actively worked on, so it’s good to read about your van :slight_smile:

Hi Tom,

Grand, I’ll see you next week. Do you do any training for use of the laser cutter?

Best,

Piran

There is a required induction for the laser cutter to teach you how to use it safely, lasting an hour or two, which should give you what you need to get started.