Hi I'm Paul, new member

I’ve joined Makerspace to initially make things from wood. I’d like to start with something simple, interestingly shaped shelves, maybe jewellery boxes. I enjoy making from solid, “real” wood but also recycle - I also go to the Remakery.

I enjoy using joinery in a creative way and designing through chance and practice. Maybe have a look at my work over the last 10 years (at a shared workshop I’ve just moved out of at Tower Bridge) at http://paulshrubshallfurnituremaker.weebly.com. I’m also part of a wood milling project - timberyard.co.uk - using a portable chainsaw mill to slice fallen or felled trees into boards. Back in 2005-7 I trained in furniture (“cabinet”) making at the London College of Furniture, London Met.

I’m a volunteer at Brockwell park Community Greenhouses, starting up a Green Wood Working group.

And I make a sort of living by gardening.

Looking forward to meeting everyone, sharing what I know and learning from others. I’d be happy to help with the woodwork side of things when I can, but obviously first need an introduction to the particular machines we have.

3 Likes

Lovely furniture Paul, welcome, hope to see you around :slight_smile:

Hi Paul,

And welcome!

We are very much on the lookout for members with skills and experience using woodworking tools and machines: various factors have resulted in the situated where there are no current inductions for the major woodworking machines…but we’re working to address this: we have some new woodtechs, plus @Gazzeh and I went to Blackhorse Workshop on Saturday to see how they do things. There’s a meeting coming up early February, but that’s full, but a bunch of inductions should follow this.

And it sounds like you may have some of the skills that will could help get this off the ground?

@woodtechs should be your point of contact.

Hi Paul,
Welcome to the South London Makerspace. I love your stuff, pure and simple. Look forward to meeting you and exchanging ideas.
All the best
Daniel

1 Like

Hi Dermot

Thanks.

Yes, I’m very happy to help out and hopefully I do have some skills and experience to share.

I like that everyone’s working hard to get the correct systems in place (obviously!) Actually I’ve had a chat with Mark and Joe about some of the issues, so I’ll email them (can’t work out how to send a group email to woodtechs).

I’ll keep an eye out for inductions. Look forward to getting as involved as possible.

All the best

Paul

Just go to your messages

Start a new message, and type woodtechs in the To box