Hi I'm Omar

Hey there – I’m Omar. Looking to join and gain some new woodworking skills to bring to life some of the ‘upcycling and furniture’ ideas I have in my head.

I’d be keen to join and come to the woodworking into this saturday (aug 5)

Hi Omar,

Saturday’s session is members only, with priority given to those who’ve been waiting longest. First payment takes 5-7 days to go through, so I’m afraid you’re too late to make that date.

Once the first payment clears and you’re a member, you’ll be able to add your name to the #admin:induction-waiting-lists of your choice. Don’t be put off by the length of them! There are people from pretty far down the list attending sessions :slight_smile:

Hi Tom – hope you are well. I am all set up now and have paid the first payment. Can you let me know when the next woodworking induction is as I would like to get started as soon as possible.

Many thanks

Omar

Your best bet would be to go to the inductions forum and click the circle in the top right and select Watching - that way you’ll get notifications as soon as any induction is posted. Normally though I believe people will tag you in induction sessions if you’re on the waiting list, so you’d be notified in that way.

Do you know when is the next session?

Hi Omar, nice to virtually meet another woodworking enthusiast!
I’m one of the woodtechs (the little group of crazy chipper that is trying to organise the woodshop)
I’m not sure at the moment when the next induction will be.
Since you are a new member I would like to point out how SLMS works,

The space is run by the members for the members, we have no paid staff whatsoever, and everyone
do a bit accordingly with his spare time and skills.

We have an amazing workshop but it’s shared meaning that everyone (once inducted) is equally entitled to use it so it can be a bit busy sometime.

The best part of SLMS is the community around it, we are a group of nice inclusive blokes and girls and you’ll always find someone willing to help or to have a good chat! The best ideas can have birth in this way :slight_smile:

We are working hard to grow and maintain this community aspect and all we ask in return is just that new members take part of it! There is always something you can do to help, in all fields and for all skill levels!

Specifically the woodshop is a high risk area so we do need for members to have an induction before use it unsupervised, but most of the time one of us woodthecs will be around so don’t be afraid to ask for help/advice

Remember, no paid staff means that each one of us is there just for the fun of it, so sometimes no one will be around or free or willing to help, but don’t be put off from it, get used to discourse and best chance is you’ll be able to plan something with someone!

Sorry for the long post!
I look forward to see you in person, maybe in front a cuppa (or a chisel):slight_smile:

1 Like