Hi, I'm Nico

Hi Team,

Thanks to @dsikar for the warm welcome last night, I have been meaning to pop by for some time now and check it all out. I hope to get my first payment over next week so I can start using the space.

I work offshore (generally on a 4 week on 4 week off rota) so I hope to make good use of the space while I’m home and would really like to help contribute towards moving forward and keeping everything ticking over.

Thanks again! and Hopefully I will get to know you all at some stage soon.

Cheers,

Nico

Hi nico

Hi Nico,

And welcome!

Do you have any particular interests or projects you’ll be working on?

If you find anything mysterious or obscure about access to the space or tool use, please feel free to ask. We’re aware that not everything is easy to find. Any input you can give here is very useful as it’s not always easy for us to put ourselves in the position of someone approaching the space for the first time.

Regarding getting involved in running the space: the moment we need members to get involved with construction but there’s also plenty to do in systems if that’s your thing, and event organising…and many other areas. We put up calls every now and then. Is there’s any area in particular that draws you in? Plus we’re always looking for people to host open evenings.

I look forward to meeting you.

Hi Nico

I no longer have access to the topic re. the automated garment rail for some reason (perhaps because I put my email or am a new member, so sorry about that!)I also cannot upload docs so I can send a drawing. If you are still interested then perhaps try to invite me back to the topic @harrriet and see if we have better luck discussing there.

Many thanks
Harriet

Hi Harriet. The thread got moved to ‘private’ as it had your email in it. I obscured your email, but forgot to make the thread public again!Sorry about that. You should be able to see it now.

Hi Nico! Just found out about makers space and came along last week to see the place and meet the people. I am hoping to use the mig welder (I have some experience but understand I need an induction session) and I was told other members were unsure if it was working and that you’d be the guy to discuss using it with. I’m currently trying to turn an abandoned shopping trolley into a bicycle trailer, it’s semi made but being galvanised means lots of griding and the extraction you guys have got so maybe there’s time when I wouldn’t be disturbing too many people?

Any info and assistance you can give is very much appreciated! Many thanks!
Lesley

Hi Lesley,

@Calum_Nicoll is probably the best person regarding welding

Anything to do with metalwork you can always use the @metaltechs tag…currently that alerts Nico and Calum

It works, beautifully, galvanized steel however I’m pretty sure is a no-no, I don’t think out extraction system is up to the task.
As Dermot says, talk to the metal techs, they might allow an exception. Else @Langa talked to the guys next door - I think re welding - and was doing some work in their space which would likely be better suited to this particular project, hopefully he’ll be able to elaborate on this.