I’ve just joined and I couldn’t be more excited! With the Christmas period being chaotic, I’m not sure when I’ll be able to make it but I’ll try and come to the next open evening.
Some interests/projects I have in mind:
- Small, low power microcontrollers - ESP8266, ESP32, etc. - for use in home automation, portable devices and, occasionally, over-engineered fancy-dress costumes
- I’m thinking about making some basic modular music synth modules with an emphasis on quick-n-dirty results and low price
- I make models so I will, no doubt be looking to use some of the more specialist kit to help with this (I’m very keen on getting some experience with a laser cutter)
- I’m a web developer, so I’m always interesting in connecting physical projects to the internet
- I’m often making costumes and want to get more skilled in traditional craft-type areas
- I love the idea of ad hoc mesh networking to reduce the dependance on centralised networks
- I’ve got a basic set of woodworking skills that I’d like to develop further
You can find me on Twitter
You can find more about my work persona in my cv.
I’m looking forward to meeting you all in person.