Hi, I'm John

I am interested in joining the space I work with digital marketing, website design, small business marketing with press releases, online courses, content marketing,
videos etc

Can anyone please tell me if the space would be suitable for me. I need a good Internet connection and am happy to help others who may need help with the skills I have.

I just need a small area where I can write and plan my work.

Hope to get to know you all.

John

Hi John, welcome to Makerspace. I would love to know your knowledge of small business marketing and all your other skills. Am doing a course to set up my art group for kids as a Social Initiative Company so would like to meet to learn from your knowledge.

Hopefully I can give you much in return too from my skills. Looking forward to meeting you John and see you soon at Makerspace :slight_smile:

Yes, there’s a good secure internet. I use Makerspace for my office on thurs & fri to plow through work and print. Good quality colour printer but doesn’t have a scanner.

I find it best to get there early morning to work. Nobody there so plough away. I can’t always do this, life.com! Later in the day you will meet other members though, which is a good thing for you to do.

So, yes, it’s good office space, all local ones cost much more. There’s always tea n coffee there too

The Makerspace is a member-run communal workshop with dedicated tools and facilities for making things. To be frank, I am not sure that it exists to provide cheap business premises. If that is what you want to use it for, I recommend that you contact the directors directly to make your request.

1 Like

That’s a good point Andrew. A point of discussion going forward. For me, it’s so good to have a quiet space to work in, rather than working at home. It’s so good to move from home for a refresh. Makerspace has given me time alone to concentrate.

I think makerspace do support grass roots businesses but obviously no members can fully run a business there.

Jackie – Other spaces have had problems with people seeing them as warm spaces with wifi that they can effectively squat in. This isn’t that, but there clearly is a continuum and we need to be conscious about it.

What I meant to say better than I did above is that to utilise the lovely space to do work from your laptop for your business is a good use of the space. Cus you can teach us a lot, there’s at least a couple of ‘start ups’ ar makerspace. It’s most important that we help you in any way we can too :blush: