Hello! I visited the Makerspace in March after meeting some members at EMF 2016. Now that the summer’s over, time to get making throught the winter
I have a whole bunch of projects I’d like to get made:
- a possessed daisywheel printer, which generates and prints short stories onto postcards at the touch of a big red button
- a musical instrument using a pitch-controlled tape loop to make noises (something like a cross between a mellotron and a theremin, inspired by the Onde Magnetique)
- a mounting plate to fix a weird mismatch between my monitor and its arm
- screen-printing posters
- various code / web projects, including an animated gif jukebox for ambient screens
- maybe something (an art, or a game) for EMF 2018?
- mucking about with SDR
If I could get like one of those done by the time the clocks go forward, I’d be happy!
I understand there’s an electronics night on Thursdays; is there a general code / games design night too? I seem to remember one on Tuesdays, but nothing in the events calendar now.