Hi, I'm Federico

hi everyone! I work as an irrigation engineer. I’m an Arduino and electronics lover and I make some little projects especially controllers for irrigation systems. I’m here hoping to learn something new… I can’t wait for Arduino Day Event!
Thanks
Federico

1 Like

Hi Federico,

Welcome!

Do you have a project you can ‘show and tell’ on Arduino Saturday?

Hi Dermot,

Thanks

I’ve made a timed multi sockets controlled by arduino and a water sensor for the tank. I made that to control the lights, pump and fan for an interior green wall but i don’t know if it could be interesting…

here a some pics of my work…

4 Likes

Absolutely! Real world applications of this tech is always interesting. Low cost irrigation and water management systems could have a major impact worldwide.

If you have a model or parts of the system to demo that would be great. Otherwise we have screens for slideshows.

well, ok then, let’s see what I can do for make it nicer, because that particular model uses 240v, maybe I can build something less dangerous…

1 Like

Look! It’s in a box and everything!

1 Like

hi Dermot, here’s my idea. I’m building a 2 zones Arduino irrigation controller with two 9VDC solenoid valves so instead to use relays, i decided to put two N channel transistors. This should be much safer than main electricity considering there will be many kids around.

1 Like

hi, my arduino irr controller is ready. 2 zones, water sensor and pump protection. I wanted to build a rain sensor as well but unfortunately i have no time… if I have little space on a desk, I will bring solenoid valves and an small tank with a little pump inside to make my project run.
thanks

5 Likes

Looking great. Yes, just let us know what desk space you need