Hi, I'm Carol - New Member

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa49df305b8> #<Tag:0x00007fa49df30400>

Hi, I’ve just joined the Makerspace community. Really looking forward to meeting other members and making stuff. I’ll be using the space mainly to help me through my diploma in architecture and beyond. It’s a ‘distance learning’ course so no access to uni workshops. Makerspace will therefore be invaluable. I imagine I’ll make most use of wood-working tools and the laser cutter, but I’ll be using a mixture of materials and hope to cast stuff too. I’d also love to learn how to weld.

I’ve been trying to figure out how to get my name on the waiting list for wood-workshop induction. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Hi Carol – welcome to Makerspace!

It will take a couple more days for your first payment to clear, after which you’ll see members areas, and be able to add yourself to waiting lists, and get automatic notifications when an new induction session is posted

As for the woodshop: the @woodtechs should be able to advise on upcoming inductons – @Jonty_Bottomley has been running a bunch of them recently

1 Like

Just giving this a bump

@CriticalTolerance @Jonty_Bottomley?

Hi Carole - I’ll talk to Jonty and see where we are with inductions - if the list is short then I might try and run one with a few members one evening, otherwise we’ll try and set up a Saturday one in the near future.

That’d be great, thanks.
Carol

Yo, I’m not around until next week / weekend. I’d have thought we’re more or less on top of things, and just need to account for the trickle of new members, I’d guess you’d get 5 or so people actively wanting an induction at present, if you’re happy to do one in the week, great, else I can run a session next weekend.

Hi Jonty
I’m not around this week either, but next weekend would work for me if that’s still an option, although I have a dental appt Saturday pm :confounded:.
Carol