Hi, I'm Callum, and I'm trying to build and fix guitars/instruments

Hi everyone,

Was just wondering if there are any other budding luthiers here, it would be great to get to know you.

@directors - I had my fob activated last night around 8:30 (wednesday 16th) if my payment has cleared to link it to my account.

Looking forward to meeting people and getting started in the space,

Cheers!

@luthiers assemble!

1 Like

I’d consider myself more on an aspiring luthier than a luthier, but am keen to complete some Cigar Box Guitar projects I’ve got on the go with some part built necks I brought before moving onto make my own necks and then my own ukes (rather than guitars). More than happy to share the (very) little I know.

Cheers,
Adam.

Yay, another luthier! Welcome aboard @calmq.

I set up a luthier’s group a while back and we’ve had a few meetings since. I’ve been slammed with work lately so haven’t got around to organising another one, but if you join the @luthiers s group, you’ll be notified when the next meeting is.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Cheers for the responses guys. I’ll make sure to join the luthiers group!
Hopefully see you guys at the space soon, and I’ll try to make one of these meetings!

O-hai,

do we have group-tags? I shall work out how to join the “luthiers” group instantly!
I abandoned building an electric guitar 20 years ago, but the main reason for finally joining the Makerspace is to do some mods on my bass, which may result in a new-build, or at least kit-build!

Looking forward to meeting you all!
Hanry

Just click the group name, where I mentioned it up there ^^^ and then click Join Group

Thank you Tom, I figured it would be something like that and joined! :wink:

Hi callum im Andy im a new member im a guitar tinkerer and im just looking to get into spraying and staining to , please let me know when ur at the workshop it would be great to meet sometime.

hey, I should be in the workshop in the next couple of weeks once i’ve got my materials for my mandolin sorted.
I’ll give you a shout when i’m down!

Hello both and others in the luthier groove,

An acquaintance of mine recently did a fine job of re-finishing his guitar that used two different stains and oil finish on top - I was amazed: https://www.aussensaiter.de/forum/messages/186/186979.html
If Google Translate (other translations are available) is no good ask me and I can assist with translations or get more info.

I am still months, if not years away from such details, but I have become addicted to other people’s build diaries. For example, if you register at basschat.co.uk you can see a forum section called “build diaries” - I can’t stop reading through there…